"Are you a velociraptor?" began as a parody of Kynn's trademark "Are you trans?" and/or Winterfox's trademark "Are you white?" questions, but on f_fa it has taken on a life of its own. Examples:
- "Where did you get the idea velociraptors are apolitical?"
- "Being a Velociraptor is the second most privileged class, the first being a Tyrannosaurus. I mean, do you know how fucked up it is to be an Allosaurus?"
- "Dude. We're velociraptors, that is by default hotter than the humans. Grow some self esteem or go over there and hang with the mastodons or something."
- "As a velociraptor, I would like to state that I love each and every anon in this thread, including but not limited to the clueless appropriating hipster mammal upthread."
- "I'm a velociraptor and the extent to which this meme fetishizes us makes me seriously uncomfortable."
- "But you're being discriminatory against other breeds of dinosaur! I am a deinonychus and proud of it!"
- "The main thing is to get any gentlevelociraptors attending to agree beforehand not to go on a drunken rampage and destroy the place, and also that they won't try to eat anyone whose opinions on yaoi they disagree with."
- "trans!pterosaur velociraptor suddenly feels very sad again at not being able to fly." Followed by "transspecies" jokes.
- "It turns out that if velociraptors come to your meet-up and are exceedingly rude and will not stop loudly espousing their abysmally wrong opinions about yaoi, if you deep-fry them they taste almost exactly like Chick-Fil-A."
- Post #160 was called "Things You Wouldn't Admit Unvelociraptor," and the first page contains more velociraptorsilliness.
- Yuletide 2012 saw the appearance of a velociraptor-centric piece of FFA RPF (with bonus in-character comments by the acafan raptor author, the wanky trans!pterosaur, and the missing Original Male Dog.)
11% of Gentle Failers responding to the April/May 2012 survey identified themselves as velociraptors who meme only on Pancake Full Moon Thursday. The velociraptor population is evenly distributed around the globe, although it is unclear how many of these saurian respondents are time-traveling residents of the lunar base, and the survey was shockingly noninclusive of trans-species saurian identities, as well as the meme's even more neglected population of proud pterodactyls and therian othersaurs.
In July 2012, Ur-Sunny posted a photo of her favorite soft drink, Diet Mountain Fury, along with a velociraptor.