Numerous members of fandom, sf/f writers and editors, and social justice bloggers have stood by Winterfox since her outing in late 2014 as a harasser and blackmailer. Some of this is due to a misguided (to put it kindly) sense of solidarity with her as a woman of color, despite her being obscenely rich and despite her having targeted many WoC in her reign of terror. Some of it may be due to Winterfox’s having blackmail material against them. And a few of these people find her behavior amusing.
- Nick Mamatas, despite his outing of her. See: everything he's posted anywhere on the matter.
- this epic thread there that she started. “AB may also be operating as a mouthpiece for BS considering they ran with what ADM kicked off with the character assassination attempt on Pat Cadigan. AB also kept throwing up smoke when Requires Hate Record Anon was operating on Tumblr.”
- Deirdre S. Moen and her husband Rick Moen. DSM “wrote expose on dead sf writer Marion Zimmer Bradley being a child abuser. Seems to only care about abuse if it can help her career. Husband Rick Moen is a Vox Day apologist.”
- Alex Dally MacFarlane, a/k/a colluded with WF to try to destroy the careers of various writers.” two examples from them.
- ADM’s romantic partner Tori Truslow, a/k/a trillingwire on Twitter. “Occasionally suspected of ghostwriting or uncredited collaboration on Benjanun Sriduangkaew's fiction due to very similar prose styles, subject matter, and plots. Several stories TT described on her LJ had the same plots as stories later published by BS. However, they're obviously close buddies so that could account for the similarities.”
- Alienne/Adrienne Leigh, whose LJ “is devoted to 13 years worth of creepy stalkery letters to the man who dumped her 13 years ago.” Calling Out, Collecting Receipts, And The Line Between Creepy and Conscientious.
- Kameron Hurley. See: On Becoming What You Hate, Redux, where she defends the use of alternative personae and performative rage; and her later post claiming that WF’s victims should shut up because Hurley’s grandmother in Vichy France had it worse.
- Jaymee "Jhameia" Goh. See Cat Valente. Her jargon-heavy post is now locked, but meme discussed it here.
- Rosefox. See appalled" at the prospect of the anti-Puppybacklash leading to Mixon's éxposé of Winterfox winning a Hugo award. (Rosefox's fears have come true!! HA-ha!)
- Solace K. Karnythia. See: Omnomnumbat
- Jason Sanford
- Penny Schenk
- Sparkymonster. See Kynn.)
- Pear, a commenter at The Toast, whose first spotted defense of WF was at Ferretbrain
- Mike Allen, writer and editor. See: Pope Rose Lemberg
- Shweta Narayan
- Shaun Duke
- JayTheNerdKid (who was BewaretheSpork on LJ)
- Emily the Slayer
- Kip Manley
- Ben Peek
- Ekaterina Sedia
- Sean O'Hara
These people have not come right out and expressed support for Winterfox, but they sure seem mighty, mighty concernedabout the effects that the Mixon Report will supposedly have on fandom, or (in the case of Simone) they feel equally terrible for everyone involved.
These people have ceased to support Winterfox.