In January 2012, a nonny plaintively asked, "Why do you do this to me?" They had just discovered that one of their professors disallows computers in class, meaning that said nonny could no longer type notes. Thereupon commenced wank....
- My mother is a professor. It makes her crazy when people try to text during class, for several reasons...
- Seriously, your mother can suck it up.
- I don't even own a laptop, so I don't use one at my uni. But I don't mind others doing it. You sound like a bunch of oversensitive whiners, really.
- She is the the prof. You suck it up and follow the classroom rules. Seriously, when did this become OK? Just turn the damn phone off for an hour. You won't die, I swear.
- "Why do you do this to me?" --Yeah, you're right, this professor made this policy explicitly for you and you alone. Because it's all about you, not about the other fifty students in the class who might not want to look at your laptop screen.